PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
SAMM Job Brief
Our client is a rapidly growing certified on demand (FAR part 135) Air Carrier. We are looking for an experienced Senior Aircraft Maintenance Manager (SAMM) to help ensure the airworthiness of a 14 CFR Part 135 regulated fleet of Nextant 400XTi aircraft. The SAMM reports directly to the Director of Maintenance (DM). The SAMM will be a key member of the aircraft maintenance team and responsible for the safe, compliant, customer focused and fiscally efficient maintenance and repair of the fleet. The successful candidate will be experienced and capable of high-quality aircraft maintenance, fleet maintenance management & small team leadership. She or he must be familiar with or capable of rapidly learning on demand maintenance operations under 14 CFR Part 135 and the applicable requirements. The SAMM’s objective is to assist the DM in ensuring the airworthiness of the fleet and maximization of aircraft availability to enable rapid and sustainable growth of the fleet and the corresponding on demand flight operations.
– Effectively perform general maintenance and repair functions on aircraft and related systems;
– Safely tow and/or taxi aircraft on the ground;
– Effectively troubleshoot aircraft, aircraft systems & aircraft components;
– Effectively inspect aircraft, aircraft systems & aircraft components;
– Effectively follow processes and procedures to ensure compliance with aircraft maintenance manuals, Federal Aviation Regulations and other international, federal & state aircraft and workplace regulations & guidance;
– Effectively track & report data used to measure maintenance key performance indicators;
– Effectively maintain meticulous records of aircraft maintenance and repair work performed by maintenance team;
– Effectively collaborate with teammates and participate in continuous improvement process to improve aircraft maintenance efficiency and effectiveness.
– Effectively see & convey opportunities for continuous process & work improvement, suggest methods for improvement and conduct and document process & work improvement experiments and institutionalize successful trial projects.
– Valid FAA A&P certificate;
– Minimum of 5 years’ relevant aircraft maintenance & repair experience;
– Proven track record of effective project management experience;
– Proven record of effective management and leadership experience in business or commercial aviation maintenance;
– Preference for current FAA IA;
– Preference for Nextant 400/BE-400/MU-300/USAF T-1 maintenance and repair experience;
– Preference for military aircraft maintenance experience and / or veterans.
– Intermediate computer skills to include common CAMP programs such as CAMP, CMP, FlightDocs and or Traxxall.
– Ability to rapidly learn new techniques, processes & procedures.