Senior Aviation Meteorologist
The Senior Aviation Meteorologist will be responsible for managing the meteorological office at Dammam Saudi Arabia.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Senior Aviation Meteorologists are to prepare and deliver meteorological briefings and forecasts to customers and designated Company operational staff. This includes, but is not restricted to:
- Analyze weather products / data, such as; Computer Model Data, Textual Weather Data, SIGMETs, AIRMETs, Satellite Images, Radar Imagery, etc., in order to produce operational weather briefings and forecasts.
- Interact widely with various decision makers across the program to ensure that the forecasting outputs meet the needs.
- Effectively communicate technical weather information via written or verbal format.
- Prepare and deliver daily TAFs for designated airfields.
- Prepare and deliver written weather synopses for Dispatch and Crew use.
- Produce and deliver destination, alternate, and enroute airport TAFs, when no official TAF is produced or available.
- Act as designated liaison officer with regards to station management and arranging work for staff.
- Oversee a team of meteorologists and work with the observing staff as necessary to ensure coverage for critical forecasts.
- Maintain a watch for hazards, and report on hazards and incidents as required.
- Manage staff by organizing rostering and performance of station support duties.
- Report regularly on administrative matters.
Position Requirements & Attributes:
- Bachelor Degree in Meteorology and/or military weather forecasting veteran with 6-8 years’ experience, preferably in the aviation discipline.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail orientated, good decision-making skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle and resolve problems.
- Ability to establish priorities, work and proceed with objectives independently and in a team environment.
- Geo-Political awareness.
- Familiarization with FAA operational weather requirements for FAR Part 91 and FAR Part 125 flights.
- Computer and associated software skills.
- Flexibility to handle shift work and / or on call assignments.
Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Operations / Management