Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Senior Director, Customer Account Management and Internal Sales – Aerospace Component Manufacturing & Repair
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
The Senior Director, Customer Account Management and Internal Sales is responsible for identifying and developing all culture, process, and performance improvements and efficiencies for accounts management and internal sales. He or she will develop and leading a team to deliver best-in-class customer interactions across multiple channels. This individual must successfully execute the internal sales strategy and mode of operation based on Group goals and objectives, which will drive internal sales through existing customers and one-off opportunities. Specific responsibilities include existing business and market development, proactive customer account management, internal sales growth, and customer satisfaction. This role will oversee the customer service team members’ daily activity and development.
This role participates in a matrix organizational structure and will dual report to the Group EVP, Sales and Marketing on issues related to business development, sales growth, and the Group’s sales mode of operation; and to the Facility General Manager on issues related to the facility’s budgeted revenue, customer account management, level of service to internal and external stakeholders, and customer satisfaction. This position is a contributing member of the Group Sales and Marketing leadership team led by the Group CEO.
Essential Functions / Other Functions
Primary Functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build personal relationships with existing Tier I and Tier II customers to create new growth opportunities through new capabilities and/or product line expansion.
- Lead and manage the customer service and inside sales teams
- Oversee customer service and inside sales activities to assure current and potential customers receive the best-in-class sales service
- Cooperate with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals
- Possess a technical understanding of the quoting process to recommend competitive pricing
- Responsible for negotiating Long Term Agreements (LTA’s) with current customers
- Develop annual forecast based on market analysis and the plan/strategies to achieve company objectives
- Monitor performance against budget objectives
- Review technical problems and procedures recommend solutions to problems or changes in procedures
- Develop working methodologies, author, and implement standard working procedures.
- Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to QUALITY and SAFETY!
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain a healthy inside sales channel and sales pipeline
- Proven ability to accurately forecast and create budgets based on data
- Ability to speak effectively and persuasively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Customer Service Management
- Comfortable working within a matrixed organization
- Experience hiring and building a sales team
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic and Arms Regulations)
- Ability to travel 30 to 40% of the time, domestic and internationally
- Expert user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, data mining and data manipulation skills
- 10+ years in a technical sales environment demonstrating consistent annual growth
- Demonstrated experience within the aerospace industry
- Global sales experience
- Bachelors degree required in business, engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Strong knowledge of aerospace markets required
- Technical background highly desirable
- Able to handle multiple complex activities at once
- Independent self-starter able to work with minimum supervision
- Takes the initiative and displays a pro-active no-nonsense attitude
- Ability to be a role model and a leader with credibility for whom others want to work.
- Ability to possess a progressive vision with the focus and ambition to make change happen for the company and themselves.
- Ability to inspire others by communicating and influencing in a way that takes people with them.
- Ability to build and motivate teams by continuously improving team performance to achieve shared company goals.
- Ability to coach others by maximizing potential through consistently developing themselves and others.
- Ability to drive achievements with the determination to achieve outstanding results and energizing others.
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem-solving, and 7) planning and organizing.
Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR,” 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Operations / Management, Sales