PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the candidate to be a US Citizen (with the ability to obtain a security clearance or already possess a valid/current security clearance).
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Sr. Software Developer – Java
The employer is looking for a Senior Software Developer with Java GWT expertise. The employer is a small business experiencing rapid growth within the Department of Defense by providing dependable, highly qualified resources for success with a proven track record of developing software systems on complex applications with exceptional quality.
The Senior Software Developer will focus on key client issues that impact the core business requiring a good understanding of, and practical production experience with web-based enterprise application development. Our teams deliver a wide range of experience, including software development phases such as: requirements gathering & analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation Web applications with Java technologies.
This position requires the candidate to be a US citizen and work on-site at the employment location (location information to be provided to qualified candidates).
– Primarily responsible for Java development including new feature development and upgrades
– Requires the ability to work on projects both individually and in a team setting and develop Java GWT applications of advanced complexity
– Work directly with customers to design and develop new product features
– Collaborate with fellow developers and business analysts to determine business and programming needs and then develop and implement technical requirements using a rapid development approach
– Communicate status updates to management and interact with other developers to coordinate and collaborate on this project throughout the project lifecycle
– BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
– 5+ years experience with Java (core), Hibernate, GWT and Spring open-source technologies
– 2+ years with Google Web Toolkit/GWT (framework)
– Experience with Agile software development methodology with Test and Behavior Driven Development techniques (BDD)
– Experience with toolset such as: Atlassian Tool Suite, GIT, Bitbucket, Cucumber, Confluence, Jenkins and Jira
– Must have Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
– US citizen and work on-site at the employment location (location information to be provided to qualified candidates).
– Ability to obtain a security clearance
Employer offers highly competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, employer-matching 401(k) plans, and the satisfaction of being part of a rapidly growing company.