Indiana, United States
Senior QMS and Compliance Engineer – Lafayette, IN
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Job Description: Senior QMS and Compliance Engineer
Employment location: West Lafayette, IN
The employer is looking to hire a Senior QMS and Compliance Engineer that will assist the company with the manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Redhawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force.
The company’s new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support the company’s broad product portfolio.
The Senior QMS and Compliance Engineer will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of a Quality Management System, developing, and executing a risk-based compliance audit plan and facilitating third party certification and customer audit activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work across the organization to coordinate the development and implementation of a Quality Management System that complies with AS9100, the company’s Minimum Level of Compliance and Customer requirements.
- Develop a risk-based internal process compliance audit program.
- Coordinate the qualification of resources to ensure an adequate number of personnel are qualified to execute the required audit functions.
- Oversee the execution of the internal compliance audit plan.
- Facilitate third party audits and manage root cause corrective action as required.
- Develop KPI to track schedule adherence, site compliance, and corrective action effectiveness and timeliness.
- Identify compliance risks and escalate issues to appropriate levels of management for resolution.
- Deliver a people first culture in alignment to the company’s leadership vision.
- Support other projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or related discipline is required.
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience within the aerospace industry is a strong plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS), processes, effects, and the relationship between the QMS and products.
- Knowledge of AS9100 requirements
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to consistently meet high standards of quality required in QA Compliance.
- Demonstrates strong communication and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Experience working as part of an international team is a plus
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver high quality results across a global project team
- Proven analytical and technical problem-solving skills
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
- 401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
- Tuition assistance
- Student loan assistance
- Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
- Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Indiana, United States