SENIOR SALES MANAGER – DEFENSE
The Senior Sales Manager (SSM) will report to the President or assigned management and be responsible for developing new business within the Department of Defense (DOD) and other US Government entities in composite tool solutions and composite manufacturing. The SSM is responsible for developing market strategies within the DOD and implement specific pursuit strategies that generate new business and ensure growth of assigned accounts. The SSM leads the development, implementation and successful execution of these winning sales strategies, including strategies for teaming, solution development/supply, and service provisioning. The SSM is the key point of contact for all sales related activities with current and potential customers within assigned accounts and is tasked with identifying and winning executable business for defense industry clients. The SSM is expected to leverage senior-level leadership and community relationships within the defense industry and government clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Research and generate new business for company’s products to maximize potential in various US Government and DOD customers.
• Accurately interpret customer requirements and manage communication both internally and with customer.
• Persuade clients that our disruptive tooling solutions can best satisfy their needs in terms of quality, return on investment, and performance.
• Prepare quotations utilizing customizable shells and incorporate technical solutions and cost provided by engineering.
• Negotiate contract terms to meet both client and company needs.
• Ensure growth of existing accounts by developing long-term relationships with customers.
• Continually grow technical and market knowledge on company technologies through trade publications, company distributed material, and by attending strategic sales meetings.
• Actively participate in sales & marketing customer generation activities, including attending tradeshows, conferences and other lead generation events.
• Prepare reports for management either through the Company’s CRM system or utilizing other off-line tools.
• Exceed annual targets for orders within assigned territory.
• Manage expenses within Company’s policies and budget.
• Advise Senior Management on product solution needs and sales strategy through frequent communication and strategy planning participation.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• U.S. citizenship required
• Travel: Minimum of 50%
• Negative drug screen and favorable background check
• 5+ years’ experience successfully developing business within a composites manufacturing or tooling environment required.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully sell a technical composites solution or product and address technical customer issues to secure business, maintain business and develop follow on business required.
• Proven track record of successfully developing business with US Government and DOD.
• Composites related tooling knowledge required.
• Strong working knowledge of composite materials (polymers, resins, etc.…) and the various processes used to manufacture advanced composites highly desired.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or a related science curriculum or business degree with strong technical background required with 10+ years overall experience.
• Master’s Degree in business administration desired.
• Must be a proficient user of email and calendar software (i.e. Outlook), entering data remotely into a central corporate software system (CRM), and Microsoft Office Suite.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
• Must be a self-starter with excellent negotiation, communication and organization skills
• Must have strong technical and manufacturing comprehension (knowledge in tooling and manufacturing of composites are preferred)
• Must be reliable, completing internal tasks in a timely manner to ensure the ability to follow through on committed actions for customers
• Must be honest and ethical both with customers and with Company assets