Seattle, Washington, United States
Shift Manager (for Line Service Technicians) – in Seattle, WA
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Position Title: Shift Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Line Service Manager
The “Company” is a private equity backed; platform company launched in 2017 that is focused on the fixed-based operator (“FBO”) sector. The Company has been rapidly growing through the acquisition of FBO locations and has significant additional committed capital from its sponsors to continue to grow the business through future acquisitions. The Company’s strategy is to acquire attractive locations and increase EBITDA at these locations through investment and operational and commercial improvements.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Shift Manager leads and oversees the Line Service Technicians for a specific the Company location when the Line Service Manager is off duty, unavailable, or as permitted. He or she must lead by example, while coordinating scheduled and unscheduled events, delegate tasks, multitask, and resolve problems. The Shift Manager is responsible to assure the Line Service Team is highly productive, delivering consistent customer service with the highest level of safety, and making sure the team, as well as facilities and equipment perform at their best, always. The Shift Manager must have strong communication, planning, and coordination skills, to motivate his/her team to reach set targets.
- Directly manages all FBO LST Supervisors and Line Service Technicians when Line Service Manager is off-duty or unavailable.
- Develop and maintain Line Service practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive, and enjoyable work environment.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing the hiring of new Line Service team members.
- Ensure that all Line Service employees are properly trained with appropriate documentation to evidence such training.
- Assists with LST work schedules and recommend appropriate staffing levels to the Line and Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Lead and direct all line service deliveries and provide service recovery when necessary.
- Lead and conduct shift briefings with supervisors and employees.
- Comply with and ensure accountability for Company policies and procedures related to customer/line service standards, safety, and security procedures.
- Ensure a culture that promotes first class customer service and safety through daily observations, shift briefings, routine audits, usage of Baldwin SMS, IS-BAH, monthly service/safety meetings, training, and documented service/safety procedures.
- Ensure a culture that promotes customer loyalty and an unsurpassed customer experience by creating an environment of increased employee engagement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and business partners.
- Perform duties required of Line Service Supervisors and Line Service Technicians as needed.
- Additional duties as directed by the Line and Operations Managers or General Manager from time to time.
- Assists with fuel ordering for assigned FBO location.
- Keeps track of daily fuel inventory.
- Should have a working knowledge of all on FBO location job duties and the standards needed to achieve operational excellence.
- Ability to make quick decisions on the ramp, while maintaining customer service standards and safety.
- Acts as a role model within and outside of the location.
- Demonstrates and models’ strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Must have a strong commitment to results
- Must possess computer knowledge in Microsoft Office
- At least 3 years of previous line service experience
- Experience in customer service
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Communicates regularly with local management team
- Strong initiative, execution, and organizational skills
- Provides feedback to improve processes, job guides, and overall company operations.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to work without direct supervision and prioritizes their and their employee’s workload/flow appropriately to meet company and customer expectations.
Seattle, Washington, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management