SVP of Business Aviation (for air charter company) – Remote opportunity
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: SVP of Business Aviation
Employment location: Remote (work-from-home)
Purpose of Role
- Overall responsibility for the Business Aviation unit strategy, operations, and P&L for the Americas region.
- Responsible for designing, building, and driving the overall business, sales team, product, and service delivery with support of a SVP of Sales, a Head of Sourcing/brokering and a Head of Supplier Relations
- Create and drive a sales, customer-service, and target-oriented culture throughout your team.
- Monitor monthly progress against sales targets and strategy and report to the President Americas highlighting any issues or concerns making recommendations for action where applicable.
- Work with counterparts in other regions (i.e., Europe, Middle East/India/Africa, Asia) to share ideas, drive best practices and harmonize/optimize operations where appropriate
- Work with the President and other managers to tackle the admin/process delays with goal of making business more efficient and team members more productive.
- This will involve interaction and open dialogue with all key internal departments and stakeholders to work on solutions.
- Provide other administrative support related to budgeting, reforecasts, board reports and presentations, internal meetings, etc.
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, IT, Finance, Legal as well as collaborating with other senior product managers of Cargo and Commercial Passenger (larger Part 121 charters).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage business aviation team to ensure the achievement of individual, team and company objectives is in line with the overall Business Aviation strategy.
- Work in conjunction with Head of Sales, a Head of Sourcing/brokering and a Head of Supplier Relations to develop country specific plans in line with Business Aviation Sales Strategy and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers, to generate further business.
- Train and guide the Business Aviation team to ensure that they adhere to company guidelines and follow best practices to minimize company liability and exposure.
- Ensure targets for the team(s) are understood and provide guidance to team staff on delivery of key responsibilities and monitor individuals’ progress against the set team(s) targets.
- Ensure team handle broking enquiries, in a professional manner, from initial quoting to contracting and operational management, within planned budget and allowing for a suitable profit.
- Take corrective action due to any issues/problems within team.
- Ensure effective balance of workload across the team.
- Monitor team activity and create monthly reports for senior management as required.
- Manage daily HR issues such as holiday authorization and out of hours cover.
- Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to the team.
- Act in a professional, confidential, and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters.
- Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach to inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
- Positively communicate Business Aviation Strategies outlined by the President, Americas to the team.
- Provide mentoring, training and development of personnel whilst fostering an open, team spirited, business culture.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff within the team and ensure staff remain motivated and enthusiastic whilst creating vision and scope for future developments.
- Evaluate market trends and profiles to make calculated assessments of the current and future market and to identify new potential areas for business development to ensure success over competitors
- Encourage team members to develop new business through initiative, follow up on new leads, client recommendations and pro- active networking
- Provide support for sales activity for new business development
- Create new and innovative sales approaches for specific areas
- Create new department tools to assist in alleviating individual workload Contract Management
- Ensure requirements of company contracting are met and that every contract issued is correct and signed by the department
- Ensure all staff members have a solid understanding of contracting and the associated procedures to ensure that all contracts are completed accurately and are legally compliant
- Assist group wide with contracting and assist in the correction of contracts with airlines for other company’s offices Information management
- Ensure all client and supplier data is kept up to date and is managed in a discreet manner
- Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports, and handlers
- Keep up to date on latest aircraft availability and airport and control authority procedures
- Report on department progress against objectives to senior management and board members Finance
- Ensure invoices generated by Business Aviation team member are raised correctly with accurate information and payments are paid by clients and to suppliers in an agreed time scale.
- In coordination with head of Marketing Americas, budget and undertake Business Aviation specific marketing initiatives to ensure the growth and professional representation of the organization’s brand.
- Attend and represent the organization at agreed trade shows, conferences, and industry events
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures