Texas, United States
Technical Director (Commercial Aircraft Engine MRO)
The Technical Director has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all technical and quality-related activities of the company.
- Oversees the Technical and Quality department to ensure proper maintenance of all systems and function; manages a team of 7.
- Defines and oversees engine technical reviews. Utilizes O.E.M. engine shop manual, specialized instructions, and regulatory requirements, etc. to assess engine status.
- Defines engine work scopes and oversee engine shop visits from the technical perspective. Defines and oversee engine inspections for serviceability and continue time in service.
- Defines company standards, procedures and policies related to the technical and quality aspects of the business.
- Develops, implement and maintain operating plans / strategies for each assigned program or engine
- Oversees company ISO certification. Responsible for the company quality system.
- Communicates progress, status and issues to the appropriate departments
- Continuously strives to strengthen and refine department effectiveness
- Develops procedures for fulfilling project objectives, identifying problem and recommending solutions
- Has authority to act at his own discretion, with medium-term review by the CEO
- Assists in establishing yearly objectives, oversee long-term budgetary planning.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team and participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives and operational execution.
- Well organized, critical thinking, ability to analyze technical data
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Sound technical judgment
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about the company’s activities and action plans
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college (or college degree with at least 10 years of experience in a maintenance or repair position in an aerospace company). Master of Science preferred
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all the employees of the Technical and Quality department
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Knowledge of Turbojet Engine and general aerospace rules and requirements
- Knowledge of Repair and Inspection technics and tools related to engine components
- Knowledge of the FAA regulations related to Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
- Knowledge of the ISO9001/AS9100-9110 standard and general quality methods and tools. Must be able to develop and maintain company certifications
- Must be able to organize, coordinate and conduct audits and train internal auditors.
- Capable of preparing, coordinating, and maintaining accurate detailed documentation necessary for technical approval
- Advanced level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
Travel may be required up to 10% – including international travel
Texas, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management