The employer is a leader in reliable embedded system solutions for safety critical and autonomous applications in automotive, aerospace, space, and industrial automation and IoT. They are rapidly growing their global presence and currently have an exciting opportunity in their Massachusetts office for the following role:
Technical Solutions Manager, Americas
Business Unit Aerospace
This is a Customer-interfacing role that blends system-level engineering design, product strategy, and sales/marketing of Time Triggered technologies for Civil, Military, or Space applications with key clients in the United States, Canada, and South America – with the focus on Space Applications.
• Technology focus on deterministic communication, such as TTEthernet, AFDX / A664, TTP, TSN, and Best-Effort Ethernet. System-level experience with FPGA and ASIC IP implementation, RTOS middleware porting, and backplane-based embedded systems needed.
• Develop and optimize network-level architectures for aerospace applications, such as Avionics, Flight Controls, Fly-by-Wire, , Cockpit Systems, Mission Systems, IMA, CCDL, Power Distribution, etc.
• Technical Lead for proposals and formal responses to Space, Commercial and Military Aviation customers
• Work in close cooperation with the Sales Manager for spacecraft / aircraft OEMs and major Tier 1s in North and South America
• Author technical papers and presentations for industry and consortium groups on Deterministic Ethernet networks.
• Gather industry requirements and directly collaborate with Product Management on roadmap development. Participate and provide input to business development and market segmentation strategies.
• Introduce and author best practices across the organization.
• Manage relationships with the employer’s client base in the Space, Civil, and Defense, industry
• Lead technical trainings and workshops with customers to demonstrate the capabilities and benefits of the employer’s products and services
• Coordinate regularly with regional and European engineering, product management, and sales teams
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally: 20-40%
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering, or similar field is required. Master’s degree preferred
• Experience in one or more of the following disciplines within Aerospace and Defense:
o Embedded electronics and software
o FPGA/SoC/ASIC programming and design
o RTOS, firmware, middleware development
o Network and communications system design
o Avionics and mission systems
o Airworthiness and qualification
o Design assurance and certification to DO-254/DO-178
• Familiarity with one or more of the following:
o COTS FPGAs / SoCs, such as: Xilinx, Microsemi, Altera
o Operating Systems, such as: VxWorks, DEOS, PikeOS, LynxOS, Integrity, Linux
o Processor families, such as: ARM, PowerPC, x86
o Integrated Modular Avionics components, such as: VPX chassis, Single Board Computers, protocol gateways, and other standalone LRUs
• Minimum of 3 years proven experience in relevant technical Aerospace role
• The ability to qualify client’s needs and follow-up with recommendations for solutions best suited to their needs.
• Ability to write and close complex quotes and proposals
• The ability and drive to learn new products and customer use-cases quickly and comprehensively
• Ability to effectively communicate it to technical and non-technical stakeholders internally and externally, including executive management and Chief Engineers
• Great organizational skills with attention to detail and exceptional follow-through
• Must be a US citizen (or US Permanent Resident)