New Jersey, United States
Test Engineer – Aerospace Engineering & Manufacturing
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Our client is a world class Aerospace Engineering and Manufacturing company that designs and manufactures fluid control components, motion control components, and systems.
The Sr. Test Engineer will have experience in designing, building and operating pneumatic test equipment in a laboratory or manufacturing environment for aircraft pneumatic components and subsystems to include creating, controlling and measuring temperature, pressure and flow in the test equipment and in the end product. The successful candidate will support component, system and drive testing in a variety of capabilities; Production, R&D, Qualification Testing. Be responsible for the functional status, calibration, and readiness of test equipment and instrumentation. Support test planning, setup, data collection, and documentation
- Applies engineering principles to design, modify, or develop test stands, equipment, and test processes for specific projects.
- Conducts analytical engineering studies on proposals to develop tests for products.
- Plans, schedules, and tests of complex hydraulic and pneumatic control systems and components.
- Selects the proper equipment and instrumentation, plus lays out test facilities.
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD-810 and DO-160.
- Develops quotes, selects labs and supervises outside lab testing.
- Evaluates engineering test data to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Creates comprehensive test procedures and prepares detailed test reports.
- Work with design engineers to ensure appropriate test preparation by identifying in-house resources or sourcing new software, instrumentation, or external test labs
- Developing “shakeout criteria” to validate test equipment
- Developing operating procedures for test equipment
- Work with technicians to set up equipment, test articles and facilities for test execution
- Assist design engineers in executing tests and manage test safety throughout testing
- Install, configure, and calibrate instrumentation used for data recording for drive testing
- Integrate and debug test and data acquisition systems
- Develop software tools to collect test measurements
- Verify tests are conducted according to test plans & regulating bodies and document discrepancies
- Document test setup information for test reports, including conformity/discrepancy records
- Up to 10% domestic travel
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Requirements
- BS degree in engineering with 5+ years’ experience in test engineering
- Experience developing data acquisition programs in LabVIEW & MATlab, Python, VBA or similar software
- Proven experience in a testing environment operating test equipment
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS or similar CAD software. Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Excellent communications skills a must.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in aerospace or automotive testing
- Proven experience conducting development and certification testing of mechanical or electrical hardware
- Familiarity with ASTM, SAE or FMVSS testing and documentation
- Experience operating typical mechanical and electric test equipment
- Multimeters, oscilloscopes, soldering stations, load cells, tensile testing machine(s), etc.
New Jersey, United States