Vice President – Flight Operations Control Center (Part 135)
The Vice President of Flight Operations Control Center (FOCC) will be responsible for developing, leading and directing, overseeing and managing all aspects of the Operations Control Center while developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, and in particular the company’s Senior Management team. The job holder will be the central authority to establish and modify policies for the operational control.
- Lead and manage the OCC team to achieve operational integrity of the schedule, full legal compliance within the operation and ensuring sound economic decision making processes are employed.
- Introduce and manage robust operating procedures thereby reducing the possibility of an aircraft accident and mitigating disruption impacts.
- Manage OCC and network operational performance to ensure that cost effective and consistent disruption recovery responses are initiated / implemented.
- Manage and ensure continuous flight-watch is carried out effectively to provide the best possible assistance in case of any deviation or diversion from the normal operational plan.
- Manage and ensure a satisfactory balance of On Time Performance (OTP), interdependency and customer service in line with the company’s business goals.
- Lead the OCC cross-functional and network teams through the design, development and implementation of integrated cross functional and network delivery processes that support and enable the OCC and the operational network to consistently meet its integrated network delivery operational plans and performance goals.
- Establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships with all relevant departments (including but not limited to Maintenance, Flight Operations, Cabin Crew, Client Services, ATC, other regulatory bodies, Chief Pilot and Director of Operations.
- Lead daily on time performance meetings with relevant stakeholders to review and correct any operational problems while providing feedback to help optimize the schedule and prevent recurrent delays
- Analyze existing manpower resources and manpower planning to achieve balanced cabin crew and Pilot numbers by implementing processes and systems aimed at removing operational complexity and optimizing workflow.
- Mentor and coach OCC staff to enable them to reach their potential, create succession plans to allow business continuity. This to be conducted in an environment that encourages and supports empowerment, initiative and accountability.
- Develop staff through contributing to and regularly undertaking performance appraisals and make appropriate recommendations on career direction.
- Designs and develops effective staff training solutions, ensuring mandatory, professional and quality standards are specified and delivered.
- Ensure all regulatory training requirements for OCC staff is met and their records are maintained;
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of effective emergency response plans through a process of audit, validation and recommendations for improvement, that are aligned to corporate and industry standards.
- Analyze and identify areas for cost reduction and recommend the same to management
- Design and implement cost reduction plans across the identified areas after achieving a consensus and obtaining the buy-in of all concerned stakeholders.
- Responsible for preparing the annual budget for the OCC department and ensuring strict compliance to approved budgets
- Assess existing operational systems and ensure that they continue to meet the current and future demands of the operation.
- Where required, research, evaluate suitability and recommend suitable replacement IT systems.
- Actively ensure the safety and security of all people, assets, systems and procedures engaged in or associated with own area of responsibility or otherwise under own control or influence
- Comply with all applicable business and industry specific legislative/regulatory requirements.
Qualifications (Experience & Education)
- University degree preferably with Flight Dispatcher License or equivalent experience in an FAR Part 135, 121 or 91 Operations / OCC
- Knowledgeable/literate with IT systems relevant to airline operations such /Jeppessen, ARINC, FOS, CAMP, etc.
- 5 years’ airline operational experience in a leadership role and 10 years’ experience at an airline
- Fully knowledgeable with Manpower Resource Planning, Operations Control, Aircraft Planning, Crew Duty Regulations, Operational systems, Slot/Scheduling Management, Flight Planning (Fuel and ATC), fleet configuration, payload capacity and flying times, Airport Operations, Emergency Planning, etc.
- Previous experience in driving and managing change within a complex and structured environment
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, in the English language
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proven track record of effectively managing staff in a time pressure shift work environment
- Ability to quickly analyze and decide a course of action
- Systems literate and technology astute
- Demonstrated effective leadership capabilities
- Confident and self-motivated
- Comfortable taking and accepting responsibility
Executive, Operations / Management