Connecticut, United States
Vice President & General Manager – MRO
The VP & GM will be responsible for providing leadership, vision, direction, and planning for the business operations of the company’s MRO operations. This position will have primary responsibility for MRO (quality, delivery, revenues, gross margin, continuous improvement) purchasing, engineering, HR, and information technology. The position will lead and manage the facility management team and be responsible for setting and executing facility operational strategies.
- Development of annual business plans that define the long term strategy of the business, sales forecasts, operational goals, capital expense requirements, human resource requirements, continuous improvement goals, operational goals, and financial projections. These plans will be developed in conjunction with the other team members with support from direct reports.
- Implementation and execution of the annual business plan for direct areas of responsibilities and to provide support for areas of secondary responsibility. This position is also responsible for the adjustment of the annual plan to account for changes in the business.
- Achieve operational performance goals relating to sales revenues, delivery performance, quality, profitability, safety, and personnel development.
- Develop and implement business development strategies to ensure a pipeline of profitable business growth opportunities. Work with business development team members to establish well aligned market coverage to drive growth and diversification. Manage the internal bid process and preparation of proposals for major outside procurement. Ensure organizational readiness and ability to respond to customer demands.
- Prepare monthly operations reports in the areas of direct responsibility for submission to the COO.
- Provide management and oversight to the direct reports to ensure that systems are in place and effective to support customer requirements for service, delivery, quality, and technical support. This includes staffing, capital expense, human resources, system qualifications and policies and procedures.
- Evaluate organizational structure and processes, and adjust as necessary, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements while maintaining operational performance levels that meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Implement Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing throughout the company. The goal is to create a culture of Continuous Improvement and achieve performance levels as defined by the Company’s Achieving Performance Excellence (APEX) system.
- Provide training, guidance and leadership to all direct reports.
- This position will be on the Company’s Key Leadership Team responsible for development of the company-wide business strategy from both a business development and operational perspective.
- Members of this team are responsible for holding the team accountable to constantly evaluating our efforts to be a world class supplier in every area of our business.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential acquisition candidates that support overall company growth plans.
Connecticut, United States
Executive, Operations / Management