Vice President of Flight Operations (Part 135)
Senior operations management position for candidate capable of performing the duties of Director of Operations (DO) for a Part 135 certificated commercial air carrier, including supervising the performance of other management personnel acting under authorities issued by the DO. Manage an FAA approved air carrier general operations program, including authorities for “ten or more” operations, international operations, SMS program, and ensure compliance with internal operations requirements and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs). Develop aviation operations policies, tools and processes. Monitor compliance with FARs for the operation of the air carrier and application of air carrier General Operations Manuals. Define aviation operations requirements at main and forward deployed bases and stations. Control delegated operations authorities for air carrier and all vendor facilities. This person ideally has experience with a rapidly growing part 135 operator as our goal is to grow by 3-5 planes per year to our core owned fleet. In addition, this individual will have experience spearheading and organizing an Argus Platinum audit. Reports directly to the CEO, while delivering exceptional organizational and financial responsibility for flight operations.
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, environmental policies, and government regulations.
- Implement schedule or policy changes for air transportation services.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Direct or coordinate the activities of Flight Operations Department and Aircrew to appropriately use of equipment, facilities, and human resources.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
- Develop, implement, and update all safety programs
- Maintain all associated SMS documentation and records
- Manage/facilitate company root cause analysis activity
- Manage the company’s emergency response plan readiness and training
- Direct staff performing repairs and maintenance to equipment, vehicles, or facilities.
- Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
- Set aviation operations policies and standards, including determining flight safety procedures.
- Inspect work of aircrew and flight operations personnel to ensure adherence to standards and procedures.
- Work to build out operations team including, but not limited to (Director of Safety, Director of Compliance, etc)
- Conduct other duties as assigned by SVP and CEO
- Education: BS/BA, preferably in aviation management or similar
- Professional Licensure: Must hold an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP)
- Background: Must pass a background investigation and drug screening test
- Experience: Position held for three of the past six years must have involved managing operations for a certificated Part 121 or Part 135 commercial air carrier. Prior Pilot Experience. Experience with modern avionics. Prior aviation flight training and QA/QC system experience. Customer Service experience working with internal customers.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft office: Word, Excel and Power Point, CAMPS or other aircraft operations and maintenance tracking system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
Executive, Operations / Management