Vice President of Operations Planning & Performance
Summary/Objective: Provides a vision of where the airline is heading and develops the strategic plan while providing the leadership and necessary infrastructure to reach company goals. Directs and oversees the management of all flight operational resources including the Crew Planning, Crew Resources, and Dispatch. Works closely with the Director of IT to identify, plan and execute technology strategies in support of operational performance. On a daily basis, monitors and strives to improve safety, reliability and productivity of airline operations.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Enhance operational metric reporting to drive continuous improvement in airline performance
• Lead strategic planning efforts for operations and the monitoring and reporting of those plans
• Manage the development of operations wide Capacity Planning, forecasting and Monitoring against plan
• Lead cross departmental operations analyses to identify and eliminate performance barriers and deliver sustainable operational performance improvements
• Research and identify best practices to promote quality and efficiency improvements and develops custom, innovative, and targeted solutions for operational improvement opportunities
• Oversees implementation of operational business improvement projects and tracks progress towards efficiency and reliability goals
• Provides direction and resources for Dispatch, Crew Planning, and Crew Resources.
• Leads in the development of innovative changes to current practices and processes, leveraging technology and automation to transform how flight planning, crew resources and dispatch operations work
• Development of standards and best practices for applications and processes.
• Establishes a management organization capable of exercising operational control of all Airlines flights as delegated by the part 119 Director of Operations
• Supports and develops the senior leadership team and nominates responsible managers for openings
• Responsible for the compliance with all applicable collective bargaining agreements
• Continually monitors and strives to improve safety and quality policy effectiveness by communicating the importance of meeting statutory and regulatory requirements as well as conducting periodic management of safety and quality reviews
• Continually completes reviews on the suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of policies and procedures
• Provides necessary support for the Company’s Safety Management System, Internal Evaluation and Safety Audit Programs
• Ensures that flight planning, resources and dispatch operations meet or exceed the standard required by the FAA, the company and any additional standards established by other authorities
• Ensures that arrangements are available for production and revision of manuals and other documentation for flight operations, as well as flight crew, dispatch, cabin crew, and training
• Ensures that the sufficient dispatch staff are available for the intended operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: Managerial experience in supporting airline flight operations at a high level; Past experience in operational planning and analysis; Proven experience in driving the use of technology; Possess strong strategic thinking as well as planning ability skills; Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position. Manages and provides direction to a staff of three (3) Directors.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full-time/40 hours a week with occasional extended periods as necessary to support airline operations. On-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Travel: Travel is required of this position.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in operations or finance preferred. Eight or more years of managerial experience at a high level in the airline industry.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English.