Develop, lead, and implement the corporate strategic sales and marketing plan for the company to ensure consistent initiatives among the sales and marketing team while establishing and nurturing and retaining key client relationships with airport authorities, airlines, and other potential non-airport business customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
Management and Growth
• Provide coaching and direction to sales and marketing executives and the marketing support team consistent with the overall business plan for the group of companies;
• Act as the conduit between corporate executive/group ownership and the sales and marketing executives for confidential companies for strategic deliverables consistent with the overall business plan;
• Hiring, training, managing new sales and marketing executives as required;
• Travel consistent with business requirements.
• Work collaboratively with sales and marketing executives for confidential companies including but not limited to identifying opportunities for synergies in response to RFP’s and to ensure brand messaging consistent with the individual company and confidential holding company;
• Develop points of contact and relationships through networking with airlines, suppliers, and business partners while promoting company’s strength as an aviation services specialist.
• Promote and represent the confidential organization and its combined strength in service offerings among the airport and airline business community through visibility at industry trade shows or conferences and within industry publications, social media platforms, and marketing materials.
Sales Strategy and Forecasting
• Align sales and marketing initiatives to the overall business plan;
• Perform market intelligence initiatives and business plan development identifying strategic markets and expiring contracts for the purpose of future bids.
• Company representation for the purpose of relationship building among stakeholders;
Presentation RFP and Proposal Process
• Develop and implement standardized and unified proposal/pricing processes across all confidential companies;
• Provide direction to manage the marketing support team including oversight of the RFP submission process;
• Provide support for market growth in regions not currently maximized.
Customer Relationship Management
• Develop and maintain database of market research, opportunities, wins, losses, RFP release timing, and contract dates for lost proposals.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior management role preferably in the airport or airline services industry with responsibility for managing and motivating a team;
• Relevant post-secondary education or a combination of education and experience. Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is considered an asset;
• Ability to drive business and develop key relationships with a broad range of complex decision makers;
• Proven experience creating, implementing and monitoring strategic sales and marketing plans;
• Experience managing an RFP submission process;
• Experience managing sales professionals and sales team across multiple disciplines;
• Ability to work collaboratively with all business stakeholders to achieve business results;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while communicating effectively with varying personalities;
• Strong presentation skills with an ability to professionally and confidently speak to any audience;
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
Ability to acquire and maintain eligibility for international travel
Ability to acquire and maintain eligibility for airport security clearance
Valid Driver’s License
Sales and Marketing team of approximately 8 to 10 people