Long Island, NY
VP Charter Operations – Private Aviation (Part 91/135)
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Well-established and growing Long Island based aircraft management and charter company seeks a proven charter operations management executive. This individual will be actively involved in managing a team of seven charter coordinators who ensure that all flights (Part 135 and Part 91) are handled flawlessly. Industry charter operations management experience is required.
This individual will manage a team that:
- Ensures all flights are organized and handled in a safe, efficient and professional manner in accordance with the General Operations Manual, Operations Specifications and company SOP Manual.
- Works effectively with the flight crews assigned to company flights to ensure that safety, compliance and customer service opportunities are successfully orchestrated.
- Monitors and communicates items that affect a flight, such as weather, TFR’s, NOTAM’s, or airport closures and limitations.
- Schedules trip-related travel accommodations for flight crew as needed.
- Arranges ground transportation, catering or other specific requests for passengers.
- Coordinates aircraft handling with FBOs to include arrangements for fuel, catering, hangar, aircraft cleaning, after hours services, or other services as needed to include but not limited to airport slots, customs, and border overflight requests.
- Negotiates service item discounts with FBOs and contract fuel providers on a daily basis to meet department budgets.
- Performs pre/post flight briefings to crews and flight following duties as assigned.
This VP must have these traits:
- Minimum of 7 years FAR 135 and FAR 91 Charter/Flight coordination/management experience is required.
- MUST HAVE Charter Flight coordination management experience to include oversight of a fleet of at least 20 aircraft, 30 pilots, 5 direct-reports (flight coordinators, schedulers, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate well with individuals across the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions in a timely and confident manner
- Outstanding planning, organization and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of quoting and operations system, JetInsight, is a plus.
The company offers future growth opportunities for a motivated leader. The ideal candidate will come from a top-notch aviation company and is looking to make positive contributions to an expanding organization. Opportunities for future growth exist for the right candidate.
Long Island, NY
Executive, Operations / Management