VP, Engine Sales – South Florida
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: VP of Engine Sales
Employment location: South Florida
As a key role within the Business Development and Sales Team, the role will support the Chief Development Officer and will contribute to the execution of the employer’s global aircraft leasing and trading activity objectives. The role will have a primary focus on the company’s engine strategy, LOI and Lease inputs in relation to engine life management for new, used and aircraft in the green-time/end of life channels.
Duties and responsibilities
- Specific duties including, but not limited to:
- Be part of a small but growing multi-regional trading team with a focus on engines and the management team.
- Be responsible for powerplant related aspects in trading, LOI/lease negotiations, asset monitoring, transition and repossession projects, and sales / part-out.
- Manage and develop innovative solutions to maximize inherent asset value of the engine and APU for all stages of an engine life cycle, including effective countermeasures to preserve or enhance asset value.
- Continually review of technical or operational information from lessees, manufacturers, vendors, regulatory authorities and other industry sources, and determine how this affects the company’s owned and managed engines and APU’s.
- Identify any significant issues affecting long term asset values, lease transition activities, lessee’s compliance with lease agreement and Company exposure to lessee default. highlight and escalate to the CDO and CTO as required.
- Benchmark all engine and APU related maintenance costs, set standards for all engine and APU related maintenance reserve values.
- Monitor all on-lease engine and APU assets for any issues which may affect the residual value of the powerplant or the aircraft.
- Support aircraft placements with lessees and aircraft sales projects, including contributing to evolving standards for all powerplant related clauses and the negotiation of such terms at Letters of Intent and Lease Agreements stages.
- Manage on-lease engine and APU assets work plans, including the review of shop reports, engine record.
- REQUIRED: 7 or more years of aircraft jet engine sales or engine repair management/sales experience
- PREFERRED: Aircraft jet engine/APU lease management experience
- PREFERRED: Experience leading aircraft jet engine life management