Seoul, South Korea
VP – Head of Corporate Safety, Security and Compliance (Global Airline)
This is an executive VP level position for a major East Asia airline.
The successful candidate MUST have 10 plus years of airline experience, 5 plus years of airline safety/security experience, previous IATA/ICAO experience and hold an ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License). No Exceptions.
Head of CSSC (Corporate Safety, Security & Compliance) is the Safety Manager who plays a pivotal role for the implementation and maintenance of an effective SMS. The Safety Manager will be appointed among those who have safety management experience and completed relevant training courses.
Head of CSSC has also responsibility for overall management of aviation security business. He/she is in charge of resource management, planning, directing and control for company-wide implementation on security-related plans.
The Safety Manager has responsibility for the following items:
■ Aviation Safety Section
- The day-to-day administration of the SMS throughout the company on behalf of the Accountable Executive (the President)
- Monitoring corrective actions/improvement measures from aircraft accident, serious incident, incident investigation and safety audit and finally evaluating their results
- Providing independent advice to management level and all operational divisions on safety matters
- Coordinating and communicating with the domestic and overseas regulatory authorities, manufacturers, and safety service providers on safety issues
- Monitoring all related operations to work in accordance with conditions and restrictions of the domestic and overseas regulators, and in compliance with applicable regulations and standards
- Providing reports on the organization’s safety performance
- Providing oversight of hazard identification and safety risk analysis processes
■ Aviation Security and OSH Section
- Coordination of aviation security related affairs and acting as a communication channel with national regulatory authorities and overseas organizations
- Providing independent advice on aviation security threats to top management and overall operational divisions
- Evaluation and supervision of the results of improvement measures regarding aviation security accidents, serious incidents, and security checks (overall management on aviation security level)
- Implementation, maintenance, and improvement management of Security Management System (SeMS) related procedures
- Establishment of policies and overall maintenance on security systems on company facility and access
- Overall operational management on establishing response procedures for unlawful interference acts and on-site support activities
- Operation of occupational safety and health organization, safety and health activity evaluation, and corrective action management
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Fluent English speaker (Native)
- 10 plus years of airline experience and 5 plus years of airline safety/security experience
- Previous IATA/ICAO experience
- ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License) holder
Seoul, South Korea
Executive, Operations / Management