Work Remotely, United States
VP of Sales – Airline Travel Management Software company
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for sponsorship!
The Vice President of Sales – North America will have a primary focus on new client development and will play a supporting role in managing existing client relationships with our current airline partners within the division to maintain and strengthen these partnerships. The role will include a number of prospect clients and all aspects of sales, marketing and relationship management activity to secure new clients in existing markets. This includes cold calls, client visits, attendance of tradeshows and participation in RFP’s. At times, Vice President of Sales will be asked to assist with certain key Hotel chain, management, and ownership relations or other strategic alliances on behalf of the employer.
- Leverage software sales experience in taking our industry leading technology platforms to key airline relationships in support of the employer Business Development Team solicitation efforts
- Focus on securing new the employer prospects that fit into the employer’s “ideal customer profile”
- Maintain sales pipeline by keeping current with changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Effectively manage the solicitation of business from new and existing accounts to exceed specific individual and company revenue objectives
- Work with marketing to create powerful presentations to be used to solicit agreements from our clients
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Participates in key the employer client presentations and RFP’s
- Learn and maintain knowledge of the employer’s methodology and sourcing systems that will best serve the employeR’s clients in the most efficient and professional manner
- Identify and develop new client needs and work with product to develop new solutions
Client Relationship Management:
- The Vice President of Sales – North America will proactively manage the agreed upon airline client accounts in collaboration with business development and account management teams. This will include the following actions:
- Schedule periodic client visits and entertainment to strengthen partnerships.
- Work with the employer Account Management to understand all the employer client deliverables and be prepared to review these with the employer clients in support of Account Management on strategic calls and Quarterly Business reviews.
- Consistently meet and follow up with our clients to insure full understanding is obtained for each client’s needs and that all client’s service expectations are met and exceeded.
- Proactively pursue and maintain, at all times, optimum relationships and visibility with existing and potential lodging partners in the region.
- Identify key hotels, management companies and hotel owners within region by developing a targeted meetings schedule to strengthen relationships and increase footprint.
- Participate and or lead large/key destination sourcing’s in support of Account Management and Sourcing Teams.
- Conduct/participate in key hotel site inspections regionally when required with customers ensuring each property meets client criteria.
- To represent in a professional and informative manner offerings the company as an industry leader of solutions towards Airlines/Hotels/Ground Transportation companies either in person or by qualified editorial content/PR/marketing
- Available to travel within region and outside of region when necessary up to 2 to 3 time per month.
- Travel could be up to 50% of the time or more.
- Ensure all revenue opportunities are in entered with accurate business start dates and estimated room volumes and rates
- Ensure all contracts are loaded, executed and attached
- Log all relevant customer activity including but not limited to: meetings, phone calls and emails
Develop full understanding of the below solutions in order to effectively present service offering:
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Social Media/LinkedIn and Outlook
- Effectively use all available tools and methodology i.e. CRM, phone, email, fax, and webinar and other available tools and resources to track and provide solutions to client needs, requests and overall expectations
- Effectively manage workload in a fast-paced atmosphere to accomplish goals. I.e. quick market analysis and sourcing requirements to accommodate the changing dynamics of airline schedules or unforeseen situations. Function as a team member of the Business Development team and professionally complete assigned duties
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Ability to be customer focused and building relationships
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Market Knowledge
- Communication Proficiency
Required Education and Experience:
- Established (at least 10 years) of successful sales experience in business to business software sale or established (at least 10 years) in the travel industry and working closely with airlines and/or hotels is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field, plus a minimum of 10 years leadership/ management experience
- Ability to effectively manage work load in a fast paced atmosphere relying on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Solid judgment and leadership skills
- Shows attention to detail and the ability to produce high quality work
- Ability to positively present the company in customer facing situations
- Is clear in their communication and lays out clear expectations to each member of their team
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth
- Loyal, trustworthy, mission-driven, and self-directed with a demonstrated passion and a commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of professionals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable integrity, analytical skills and a strong work ethic
- Persuasive presentation skills in both small and large audience settings
Work Remotely, United States