Florida, United States
General Aviation A&P Mechanic – Melbourne, FL
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: General Aviation A&P Mechanic
Employment location: Melbourne, FL
The employer is seeking skilled A&P Mechanics to join their aviation maintenance team. The A&P Mechanic will be responsible for performing a variety of maintenance and repair tasks on aircraft in accordance with FAA regulations.
- Conduct routine inspections and maintenance on aircraft, including performing annual, 100-hour, and phase inspections.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and electrical problems on aircraft.
- Repair and replace aircraft parts and components, such as wings, fuselage, and engines.
- Install, test, and adjust aircraft systems and components, such as fuel systems, hydraulic systems, and flight control systems.
- Perform modifications and upgrades to aircraft as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance and repairs performed.
- Follow all safety protocols and regulations while working on aircraft.
- Communicate with pilots and other personnel regarding aircraft maintenance and repair status.
- Stay up-to-date on FAA regulations and industry best practices for aircraft maintenance and repair.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic certification.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working as an A&P Mechanic.
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and components, including avionics, hydraulics, and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and schematics.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and commitment to safety.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
The employer offers competitive salary and benefits packages, and the opportunity to work on a wide range of aircraft with a dynamic and experienced team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday: 8am -5pm; some weekend hours available if desired.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Florida, United States