Florida, United States
IA/A&P Inspector – Melbourne, FL
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
TITLE OF POSITION: IA/A&P Inspector
EMPLOYMENT LOCATION: Melbourne, FL
The employer is seeking a skilled and detail-oriented individual to join our team as an Inspection Authorization (IA) in our Part 91 maintenance shop. As an IA, you will be responsible for conducting thorough inspections, performing maintenance tasks, and ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and standards. Your expertise and meticulousness will contribute to the safe and efficient operation of our shop.
- Perform detailed inspections of aircraft and associated components in accordance with Part 91 regulations, manufacturer specifications, and approved maintenance procedures.
- Conduct thorough inspections of airframes, engines, systems, and avionics to ensure compliance with all safety and maintenance requirements.
- Evaluate and assess the condition of aircraft and components, identifying and documenting any discrepancies or defects.
- Provide accurate and timely reports on inspection findings, including recommendations for necessary repairs or corrective actions.
- Carry out necessary repairs, maintenance, and modifications on aircraft and components in accordance with approved data, manufacturer’s instructions, and applicable regulations.
- Complete required maintenance records, documentation, and logbook entries accurately and promptly.
- Collaborate with other maintenance personnel and vendors to coordinate and facilitate maintenance tasks and ensure the timely completion of work.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, regulations, and technological advancements to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment, following all safety protocols and guidelines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of maintenance policies, procedures, and quality control programs.
- The specific duties and requirements may vary based on the organization’s needs and the scope of work.
- Hold a valid Inspection Authorization (IA) issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Possess a valid Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic certificate issued by the FAA.
- Extensive experience working in aircraft maintenance, preferably in a Part 91 environment.
- Strong knowledge of Part 91 regulations, aircraft systems, structures, and avionics.
- Proficient in interpreting technical manuals, drawings, and maintenance instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to perform meticulous inspections.
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to make accurate decisions based on thorough analysis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate inspection findings, recommendations, and maintenance requirements.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance tracking systems and software.
Florida, United States