Florida, United States
Part 91 Director of Maintenance – Melbourne, FL
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
TITLE OF POSITION: Part 91 Director of Maintenance
EMPLOYMENT LOCATION: Melbourne, FL
The employer is a Part 91 aircraft maintenance shop servicing various types of single and multi-engine piston aircraft. The company is looking for an experienced General Aviation Director of Maintenance who can manage the day-to-day maintenance activities in coordination with the VP of Maintenance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, interfacing with the FAA on FAR 91 operations, developing and maintaining the maintenance forecasting.
- Lead the development, communication, and implementation of efficient operational procedures, policies, and effective growth strategies for the department.
- Maintain currency of service manuals, instructions, bulletins, airworthiness directives, and aircraft specifications.
- Responsible for the aircraft, tooling, equipment, materials, inventory, and activities within the hangar(s) and on the adjacent ramp(s) for all department personnel.
- Ensure that the department is properly staffed, managed, organized, trained, and directed to fulfill its responsibilities according to internal and FAA regulations, including handling personnel issues such as discipline and termination when necessary.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship as liaison between company, clients, and the FAA with responsibility for the company’s issued maintenance certificates and signing of correspondence.
- Maintain general knowledge and experience in all levels of maintenance, sheet metal, fabric work, welding, paint, inspections, and engine overhaul.
- Ensure technicians are following prescribed procedures in accordance with technical manuals, operating procedures, and corporate policies.
- Assign technicians to tasks that most effectively utilize their skill levels.
- Perform technical evaluations of discrepancies to determine root cause; recommend corrective action.
- Perform hands-on maintenance at times when required.
- Oversee all inspections, repairs, and component changes and accompanying documentation are accomplished in accordance with the manufacturer or FAA approved procedures, conforming to quality control standards, on schedule, and properly signed off in compliance with FAA regulations.
- Create logbook entries, associated 337’s when applicable, and other FAA/logbook forms for all maintenance performed.
- Collaborate with VP of Maintenance and senior management to develop and implement the department’s annual business plan and budget based on goals and objectives for the company.
- Coordinates with the Flight Operations Manager on the timely communication and correction of mechanical repairs, as well as planned inspections or maintenance work on the Part 91 and Part 141 fleet around scheduled flights.
- 5-10 years of experience within general aviation maintenance operations and equivalent operational experience to include familiarity with aircraft maintenance scheduling, team management, and customer relations.
- 5+ years in Supervisor or Management role managing mixed-level team members of professionals and managers.
- Current FAA issued certificate with Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) ratings and no violations.
- Current Aircraft Inspector (IA) certificate.
- Extensive knowledge of current FAA regulation.
- Understanding and management of business operations including budgets, planning, project management, financial performance, and reporting.
- Strong personal values corresponding with company’s core values.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Florida, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management