Ohio, United States
Aircraft Maintenance Manager – Toledo, OH
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Job Title: Aircraft Maintenance Manager
Employment location: Toledo, OH
Employer is seeking a talented Aircraft Maintenance Manager to help lead their maintenance team in Toledo, OH.
- Collaboratively oversee and manage the maintenance operations of company’s air cargo carrier, ensuring strict compliance of FAA regulations.
- Oversee scheduled and unscheduled maintenance including but not limited to: Airworthiness Directives, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness and Service Bulletins
- Managing and leading a team of maintenance technicians, ensuring efficient allocation of resources and maintaining high standards of performance.
- Following maintenance programs and schedules to ensure the airworthiness and reliability of the carrier’s aircraft fleet.
- Conducting regular inspections and audits to ensure compliance with safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating with the Operations department to plan and schedule aircraft maintenance activities, minimizing operational disruptions.
- Monitoring and managing maintenance records, including work orders, maintenance logs, and equipment documentation, in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborating with the procurement team to source and acquire necessary spare parts, equipment, and supplies for aircraft maintenance.
- Conducting performance evaluations and providing feedback to maintenance staff, identifying training needs and opportunities for professional development.
- Implementing and promoting a culture of safety and continuous improvement within the maintenance department.
- Liaising with external maintenance service providers and vendors, ensuring quality standards and cost-effective services are maintained.
- Help monitor expenses and ensure cost control measures are in place.
- Keeping abreast of industry developments, new technologies, and regulatory changes related to aircraft maintenance.
- Participating in accident/incident investigations and implementing corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Collaborating with regulatory agencies and MROs during inspections and audits, maintaining a strong working relationship.
- FAA mechanic’s certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of heavy aircraft maintenance experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or managerial role. Experience within on-demand, ad-hoc operations is highly desirable.
- Passport and/or ability to obtain passport within 60 days of hire
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs., climb ladders, and maneuver around aircraft
- Successful completion of pre-employment DOT drug screening and other required background checks
- Ability to obtain an airport SIDA badge
- Willingness and ability to travel to recover aircraft, work with other bases, and/or meet the training needs of the company
- Ability to work various shifts, overtime, and/or after-hour call outs will be occasionally required
- Competitive compensation – commensurate with industry, experience, and base location
- Health/Dental/Vision Benefits packages with options for employee +/- dependents
- 401K with company match
- PTO accrual for vacation and sick time
- Family-owned company with emphasis placed on work-life balance
- Flexible scheduling
- Frequent training and growth opportunities
Ohio, United States