Oregon, United States
A&P Mechanic – Hillsboro/Portland, OR area
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: A&P Mechanic
Employment location: Portland/Hillsboro, OR (Relocation reimbursement consideration available)
Summary of position:
The employer is a premier aviation company at the Portland-Hillsboro airport, is seeking an experienced general aviation A&P Mechanic to join our maintenance team. The employer operates and maintains 35+ of their own aircraft to include Lear 31 and 35’s, PC-12’s, King Air’s, CJ3’s, Cessna Mustangs, and Challenger.
Credit for valuable Military experience taken into consideration in this exciting career in general Aviation!
The employer offers a great benefits package which includes medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs routine inspections and troubleshooting.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Estimates projected man-hours for individual repairs/inspections.
- Accurately completes all required maintenance records.
- Operates all tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Presents a clean and neat work area to our customers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Provide leadership and guidance required to perform assigned tasks.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with the customer is required.
- Need to be Customer Service minded.
- Able to service, repair, and overhaul aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness.
- Reads and interprets manufacturer’s and airline’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- FAA A&P license required.
- Prefer experience with corporate aircraft.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Green Card Holder.
- Leadership experience helpful.
- High level of initiative and commitment.
- Excellent performance and attendance history.
- Ability to positively influence others.
- Advocate for company’s culture of excellence and customer service.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Favorable results from pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Oregon, United States