New Jersey, United States
Design Engineer – Aerospace Engineering & Manufacturing
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Our client is a world class Aerospace Engineering and Manufacturing company that designs and manufactures fluid control components, motion control components, and systems.
Performs engineering valve design functions for the development of new products and for the modification of existing products, in accordance with corporate strategic plans.
- Design and develop prototype models and methods to validate design concepts and final design including required supporting engineering calculations.
- Validate design with team members and approve design changes.
- Report progress and unusual project occurrences to the Engineering Manager or Project Engineer.
- Confer, work closely and obtain the necessary results with manufacturing, quality assurance, production, vendors and contractors regarding the various aspects of product design projects.
- Work with engineering support groups to check final designs and modify designs as appropriate.
- Interact with all company support departments to resolve manufacturing problems and to improve product quality and the ease of manufacturing.
- Keep abreast of technological developments and opportunities in the field to assist with incorporating design innovations.
- Visit customer sites and contractors to validate product design specifications and to resolve product problems.
- Prepare project time reports as scheduled.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering, or related engineering degree.
- 7+ years of design engineering experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Open/creative thinker; is an Ideas generator.
- Self starter, organized and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self directed and establish own priorities to meet needs of organization
- Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prepare design drawings using AutoCAD and SolidWorks software and support design with calculations using MathCAD software.
- Strong understanding of geometric tolerance techniques based on ANSI Y14.5M-1994
- Fluid handling device engineering (valves, pumps etc.) a plus.
New Jersey, United States