Montana, United States
Experienced Aircraft Component (MRO) Technician, Hydraulics – Billings, MT
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: Experienced Aircraft Component (MRO) Technician, Hydraulics
Employment location: Billings, MT
Employer is seeking an Experienced Aircraft Component Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) Technician to join their aviation maintenance team. As an Experienced MRO Technician, you will be a critical member of the company’s team, responsible for performing skilled maintenance, repair, and overhaul on a wide range of aircraft hydraulic components. Your expertise and proficiency in MRO procedures will play a pivotal role in ensuring the safety, reliability, and airworthiness of the company’s aircraft fleet. Pay Range: $36 – 43/hr (dependent upon experience).
- Component Maintenance and Overhaul: Conduct maintenance, repair, and overhaul activities on various aircraft components, including but not limited to landing gear, flight controls and other hydraulic components.
- Inspection and Assessment: Perform detailed inspections using advanced testing methods, precision tools to evaluate the condition of aircraft components and identify potential issues.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of aircraft systems, components, and associated technical documentation to effectively troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
- Compliance and Documentation: Ensure compliance with approved maintenance manuals, technical data, aviation regulations, and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of all maintenance activities performed.
- Component Testing: Conduct functional and operational tests on repaired components to verify their performance, functionality, and adherence to specifications.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements, cost reduction, and increased efficiency within the MRO department. Proactively contribute to the enhancement of MRO procedures and practices.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other technicians, engineers, and team members to coordinate tasks, share knowledge, and achieve maintenance objectives effectively.=
- Safety Awareness: Champion a safety-first culture, adhering to strict safety protocols and best practices to ensure the well-being of personnel and the integrity of the aircraft.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an FAA-approved aviation maintenance training program or relevant certification is a plus.
- 5 years of experience in a 145/AS9100 aircraft component MRO.
- Proficiency in inspecting, repairing, and overhauling a wide range of aircraft components, demonstrating a high level of technical skill and attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of aircraft systems, components, and associated technical documentation.
- Proficiency in using specialized tools, equipment, and software relevant to MRO activities.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, especially in complex technical situations.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members, management, and external stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of aviation regulations, airworthiness directives, and industry best practices.
- Physical ability to perform manual tasks, lift heavy components (up to 50 pounds), and work in various environmental conditions.
Montana, United States