Florida, United States
Flight Operations Scheduler – Melbourne, FL
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of Position – Flight Operations Scheduler
Employment location: Melbourne, FL
This full-time position at a well-established Flight School will work as a hybrid position. It will encompass duties from the Dispatcher as well as assisting the Flight School’s Student Success Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Flight Operation Schedule
- Plan and Coordinate with Student Success Manager course of action for our Accelerated Students to keep them on track.
- Communicate schedule changes to Instructors and Students in a timely manner through proper channels.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts or issues that arise, through proper channels, following Core Processes.
- Possess Knowledge of Fleet and coordinate planned and unplanned fleet maintenance.
- Maintain and optimize the daily, weekly, and monthly flight schedule.
- Manage Customer Accounts and Assist Customers with Flight Training Goals. Communicate any Customer issues with the Flight Operations Manager.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in using scheduling software or tools
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not encompass all tasks or responsibilities that may be required.
The dispatch-scheduler is a customer-facing position responsible for the daily flight schedule, dispatching, tracking, student progress and adjusting flights as needed.
- Answers phone calls and emails
- Additional duties as assigned by Flight Operations Manager
- Ensure students have all Federal required documents to flight train.
- Dispatches and monitors all aircraft. May be asked to fill in from time to time.
- Maintains inspection time remaining reports for the Aircraft Maintenance Department
- Generates and disburses Flight Dispatch and Maintenance Reports.
- Uphold and enforce company’s Safety Management System procedures and guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years’ experience or Associate degree with 0-2 years’ experience.
- Customer service experience, working with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience levels
- Strong computer skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Can work well independently and with a team
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong communication and interpersonal Skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to work as a solid contributing member of a team as well as operate independently, effectively interact will all levels of management, demonstrated attention to detail and acting with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to obtain an Airport Identification Badge.
Florida, United States
Operations / Management