Quality Assurance Engineer (for engine MRO) – Miami, FL
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of Position: Quality Assurance Engineer
Position Summary: Miami, FL
The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer is responsible for coordination of necessary tasks in the support of an efficient quality system throughout the organization. The QA Engineer will interface with multiple departments to ensure efficient performance between the Quality organization and the rest of the MRO. The QA Engineer reports to the VP of Quality.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
Quality Assurance support:
- Accomplish internal and external audits as required by company’s Engine Center’s Audits Program to ensure compliance.
- Planning, preparation, and conduct of compliance audits, inspections, and surveillance activities both internal and external, as well as the follow-up, and verification of compliance to audit findings for continual improvement purposes.
- Generate detailed audit reports identifying deficient areas and documenting objective evidence of the discrepancy.
- Report progress and status of issues from previous meetings and recommend changes to the maintenance program as a result of analysis of component and systems trends identified.
- Maintain and update company’s Engine Center’s Approved Vendors List.
- Responsible to drive supplier performance management objectives with key stakeholders to generate new ideas and provide solutions.
- Assist on tasks as assigned to help achieve departmental goals.
Corrective Action Program support:
- Collect information to support investigation and analysis as required from database queries and reports, supplementary data from internal/external databases, and surveillance activities.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficiency of the data collection and maintain a file system to store and archive data collected and used in the Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions program.
- Present a monthly CAPA/CAR report to the Quality Department.
Technical Publications Support:
- Maintain and update the Technical Data Log, controlled work documents and manuals.
- Directly interface with Original Equipment Manufacturer on product issues and updates.
Other duties as assigned:
- Ensure full understanding of the quality policy, promote and support the department.
- Oversee and manage the training program within company. Establishing and maintaining the program and database for compliance.
- Ensure that the quality of internal products delivered by the assigned area is in conformity with requirements. To do so, ensure that instructions and provisions concerning quality are correctly applied.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or STEM discipline
- PREFERRED: 5+ years CFM56 engine experience – supporting the quality or engineering team
- REQUIRED: 5+ years aircraft jet engine technical experience – supporting the quality or engineering team
- Sound organizational skills with above-average attention to detail.
- Knowledge of professional practices and sources of information including technical rules and regulations
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook- and ability to learn other software programs.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
- Strong communication and networking skills both with the customers and colleagues.