Security Software Developer – Remote
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title: Security Software Developer
Employment location: Remote (see COVID-19 procedures below**) – and travel to the Jacksonville, FL area for onsite work when required.
**COVID-19 Procedures: On-boarding will require 1-2 visits to Patuxent River, MD. Training will be virtual and telework maximized/permitted to the greatest extent possible, however training/tasking may require periodic on-site work. Future on-site/telework requirements/schedules may change as additional client direction is received.
As a covered government contractor, proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be provided, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a medical or religious accommodation as outlined in The Safer Federal Workforce Task Force: Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontracts.
- Primarily responsible for Java development including new feature development and upgrades
- Lead the administration, testing, and implementation of database management systems (DBMS) in a web or cloud-based hosting environment
- Provide technical expertise in support of KeyCloak/Linux SSO and related business applications
- Requires the ability to work on projects both individually and in a team setting
- Work directly with customers to design and develop new product features
- Collaborate with fellow developers and business analysts to determine business and programming needs and then develop and implement technical requirements using a rapid development approach
- Communicate status updates to management and interact with other developers to coordinate and collaborate on this project throughout the project lifecycle
- Support daily stand-up meetings
- Other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficient in Java (5+ years) and Spring
- Experience with Identity Access Management (IAM) Solutions: Keycloak
- Experience with Modern Authentication/Authorization protocols (OAuth, Open ID Connect, mTLS)
- Knowledgeable on Cloud Security Practices (Zero Trust Architecture, Sidecars, Service Mesh, Istio)
- Understanding containerization concepts (Docker)
- Familiarity with industry security standards (NIST, OWASP, FIPS)
- Strong experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and configuration management tools such as Microsoft Azure DevSecOps, Gitlab, Jira, Jama, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team atmosphere
- Experience working with high functioning teams in a fast-paced environment
- 2 years experience with KeyCloak/Linux SSO
- 2 years experience with Cloud Native & Azure
- 2 years experience with Containers & Kubernetes
- Secret Clearance
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance with SSBI. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
BS or BA degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, Management or Relevant Technical Discipline) and 8 years related experience OR AS or AA degree and 15 years of related experience