Minnesota, United States
Upholstery Technician – Chanhassen, MN
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Job Title: Upholstery Technician
Employment location: Chanhassen, MN
The employer is a family-owned business that has developed and excelled in the upholstery industry for over 40 years. Their experience is broad and their specialty is quality upholstery and work on boat, classic automobile, and airplane interiors as well as work on medical and commercial furniture as well as residential furniture such as stools/chairs, ottomans and specialty items such as marine canvas, motorcycle seats etc. The company values good relationships with their team and with their clients and are always looking for ideas for ways that they can communicate this value. They also value a professional atmosphere and at the same time they want to enjoy their time at work doing beautiful interiors and excellent upholstery, we want to “WOW” our clients! The company is looking for self-motivated individuals with great attitudes and work ethic, who are able to take direction in order to complete jobs with limited supervision. They enjoy the highest standard of workmanship and accuracy, along with excellence in responsibility and trust.
- Identifies tasks that need to be accomplished & collaborates with others to get things done
- Clear communication – verbal and written
- Enjoys working with others & works well in a team at all levels when needed
- Participate in all business processes, & can work with the team to improve processes
- Enjoys continuous learning and improvement of design, fabrication and maintenance practices, resulting in a safe work environment, and high-quality product
- Ensure all Regulations are complied with (e.g. OSHA, DOT, FAA, etc.)
- Ensure all Company Processes are complied with.
- Manipulating various materials, drawing and cutting patterns, and sewing using commercial grade sewing machines
- Auto interior removal and installation, seat tear down, foam cutting, seat rebuilding
- Headliner removal, repair, and installation
- Installing interior parts on vehicles/boats
- Preparing patterns and templates
- Fabricating and installing seat cushions
- Maintains records of time required to perform each job and the materials used
- Reads work orders & applies knowledge and experience with materials in order to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover work pieces
- Draws cutting lines on material following patterns, templates, sketches, or blueprints, using chalk, pencils, or other methods
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Ability to work with a variety of fabrics and materials
- Ability to operate hand and power tools, such as: staple guns, nail guns, hot-knife cutters, and other industrial equipment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team player with strong organizational skills.
- The applicant should be confident and have experience in the automotive or related
- Must be reliable and seeking a long-term career within the company. (experience requirement could be reduced based on Portfolio)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Formal training or significant experience in high end auto, aircraft and/or marine upholstery a plus
Upholstery Skills Required:
- Ability to work with all types of materials including leathers, vinyl, cloth and carpet
- Flat pattern layout, machine & hand sewing, gluing
- Seat foam fabrication (build up and contour foam)
- Ability to use walking foot sewing machine, with experience in a variety of stitching styles and threads to duplicate original seat patterns
- Must have a strong emphasis on attention to detail and appreciate luxury vehicles
- Experience in custom design is a plus
- Work well individually and as a member of a team
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, squat, and work with heavy components
- Maintain flexible work schedule (may need to work overtime to meet delivery commitments)
- Good communication skills, written & spoken
- Career oriented
- Detail oriented
- Bidding/ estimating upcoming jobs, planning the work, advising on fabrics
- Drug free
- Clean criminal background
- Wichterman’s reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check and drug test prior to employment, and per ongoing drug test program requirements per DOT requirements.
Minnesota, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management